Promotional products advertising is the fourth-fastest growing advertising medium, and is ranked sixth highest in usage among traditional and digital media. Trends over the past century show increases in recall, response and results among advertisers and consumers. Below are some of the ways in which promotional products can help in marketing and growth for a business.
1. Promotional Products Impact the Brand & Company Image
Overall these products create a more positive image and perception of your business. Over 50% of the time, consumers are left with a favorable opinion of companies who give promotional products. This is also a less invasive way to market to potential clients as 83% of consumers claimed to enjoy receiving a product with an advertising message.
2. Promotional Products Have a Direct Effect on Customers Studies show that new and current customers who receive a promotional product reordered more quickly and more often than those who didn’t. New customers who received promotional products also showed increased spending and were more regular customers than those who did not receive promotional products. Offering a product as an incentive is effective for requesting referrals and can garner as much as 500% more referrals than a letter alone.
3. Promotional Products Increase Booth or Store Traffic Sending a pre-show mailing that includes a preview of a promotional product giveaway increases the likelihood of the attendee stopping by the booth or store to see the exhibitor’s product offerings. After receiving a promotional product, 36% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company they hadn’t done business with before. As a general rule, promotional products of greater perceived value generate a more positive connection with the recipient, leading to a greater number of sales leads when compared to those offering cheaper products. Once an attendee stops by your booth for a promotional giveaway, 71.6% will recall of your business name and 76.3% will have a favorable attitude towards your company.
4. Promotional Products Work as Employee Awards or Incentives Awards and incentive programs that include promotional products can improve performance and motivate employees to increase sales, reduce accidents, boost productivity and give customers better service. Effective employee award and incentive programs will feature high employee involvement during the development of the program and timely feedback to employees during the contest. Through employee involvement, management can determine what the best promotional gifts will be to increase company-wide performance.
5. Improve Response Rates to an Advertising Campaign with Promotional Product Mailings Direct mail is still an effective tool in generating awareness and sales leads. In a study on advertising effectiveness, two-thirds of respondents who were exposed to both a trade ad and some form of direct mail, identified the direct mail piece as having prompted their response. The combination of a personalized direct mail letter and a promotional product tripled the response rate. 35% of consumers will keep the promotional item for at least 2 years, and 76% will be able to recall your brand better than if they had just received a print item alone.
The uplift in brand image, improved recall, and increased lead generation prove that when used effectively, promotional products are an important factor in marketing success.